Friday, March 26, 2010

My "New" Dehydrator!

I've been on the search for a dehydrator for a couple of months now. I finally found one on Craigslist and I'm pretty excited. It's a 9 tray 2900 Excalibur. It's the older model, but it looks brand new! I wonder if she even used it :o) She also included a bunch of Teflexx (?) sheets for making fruit leather and stuff that doesn't work on the mesh sheets. I'm not too excited that they are made of Teflon, but it will work for now. I just loaded up my first batch. Since I just made almond milk, I loaded it up with the almond pulp. I also made some CocoNutty crackers so I'm drying 1/2 the batch instead of cooking to see how it turns out.

The Excalibur 2900


 
Loaded up with almond pulp on the teflon sheets -- Very thin layer, took about 4 hours to dry


No comments:

Post a Comment