Friday, March 26, 2010

Almond Pulp Prep - #2

I posted previously how to dry the almond pulp by drying it in the oven. Unfortunately, the oven "kills" the almonds, so it is no longer considered raw. Raw almonds maintain their enzymes and other nutrients. However, I had no other way of doing it besides the air (which would take too long) so it worked in the meantime. NOW, I have a dehydrator (yay!) so I'm drying it in the dehydrator. I spread it out on the trays lined with sheets.

When it's dry, it looks like this (this was actually dried in the oven):

After sifting it, the sifted almond pulp looks like this:


Not everything will go through the sifter, mostly the skins, so you are left with this:

So far all I've tried to make with the almond pulp are CocoNutty crackers. We really like them, but we are still perfecting the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment